What information does UpSparc collect?
First and foremost, we do not sell your information.
We only collect information we believe to be relevant for you to use UpSparc. If you register as a Supporter, we ask for your email address. If you register as a Creator, we ask for your email address and social media links that you can voluntarily provide to make it easier for your Supporters to identify you. Like most other web services, UpSparc collects technical information about your device and how you use UpSparc to make sure that our products are working properly, to help you save more time and money, and to detect and prevent fraud.
That aside, we read the domain of the website you visit, so that we know what deals and coupons to show you. We do not record any of your personally identifiable browsing behavior. This means while we may aggregate anonymous visits to a particular online store, we will not know whether it was specifically you.
To be clear, UpSparc's browser extension does NOT collect any information from your search engine history, emails, or any website that is not a retail site. It never collects credit card numbers, billing addresses, or any other billing information either.
When you register a Supporter account, we ask for your email address, a username of your choosing, and a password that we hash so that we can't read it. We also you to optionally select any Creators we work with, to help support them.
When you register a Creator account, we ask for your email address, a username of your choosing, and a password that we hash so that we can't read it. We also ask you to voluntarily list your social media links, so that your Supporters can more easily identify you.
UpSparc automatically collects information to ensure that our products work correctly on different devices and browsers. This includes data such as:
the type of device you’re using
the device’s unique ID (where available)
This data allows us to make sure UpSparc products are working correctly, to improve your experience, and to detect and prevent fraud. Also, to help us coordinate our communications and marketing campaigns, and to understand how our users engage with our products, we use common digital tools that allow us to see if you opened an email we sent, visited a link in those emails, or generally interacted with UpSparc as a result of our marketing efforts.
How we share your data
We never sell your data. We will only share it in expected ways related to being able to use our product, meaning we will share it if required to complete your purchase, for you to be rewarded or paid, with businesses who help us operate UpSparc, or if we are legally required to do so. Businesses who help us operate UpSparc include those who assist in payment processing, security, and marketing.
How we protect your data
Data security is important to us. We encrypt all passwords and have procedural safeguards in place to protect your personal information.
Unfortunately, we'll never be able to guarantee that user information won't be comprised due to hacks or other unseen circumstances. You provide us with information at your own risk.
Some cookies can be temporary (“session cookies” like those used for navigating your browser) and disappear once you close it. Others last longer (“persistent cookies,” like when you ask a site to remember your login) and are saved to your computer until you delete them.
Our cookies serve several important functions:
Analytics: These types of cookies help UpSparc monitor the traffic and activity on our site, and to coordinate our own marketing campaigns. While they do not identify you specifically, they may be indirectly linked to your unique user ID. We aggregate and anonymize this data to help us detect fraud, understand trends, broad demographic data, and the general operation of our site.
If you want to disable cookies entirely, your browser or mobile device might have an option to do that. For more information, including instructions on disabling cookies, please visit: http://www.allaboutcookies.org/ However, please note that disabling cookies will make our products unusable.
Your choices for managing your data
If you would like to delete your profile or personal information, you can always ask us by emailing email@example.com. We will delete any personal information we have, though we may still store some data in an aggregated and anonymized format that doesn’t identify you and can’t be attributed to you (or if we’re legally required). If you have any other specific questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional rights regarding your data
Depending on where you live, you may have additional rights as to the personal information that you share and UpSparc collects. Residents of the EU, UK, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, and California can learn more below.
EU, UK, Canada, Australia, and New Zealand residents
Controller: UpSparc is a private company, established in the United States of America. Our address is 500 Folsom St, San Francisco, CA 94105, U.S.A. Our contact email address is contact@upsparc. For the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation, we are the data controller.
* When you consent to our use of your data for a specific purpose.
* When we need that data to enact a transaction or to provide you with services and products that you request. This includes personalizing features and protecting the security of UpSparc and its users.
* When UpSparc has a legitimate interest in using that data in the normal ways you’d expect, like ensuring UpSparc products run properly, improving and creating new products, historical analytics research, promoting UpSparc, and protecting our legal rights.
* When we need to process your data to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
* Your rights: You have the following rights with regard to your personal data. To exercise any of these rights, please contact us at email@example.com. Please note that these rights are limited, like for example, where fulfilling your request would adversely affect other individuals or our legal obligations.
* Right to Access: You have the right to request information about your personal data that we hold, how we use it, and who we share it with.
* Right to Portability: Where you have provided your personal data to us on the basis of your consent, you have the right to ask us for a copy of this data in a structured, machine-readable format and to ask us to send this data to another data controller.
* Right to Rectification: You have the right to ask us to correct your personal data where it is inaccurate or incomplete.
* Right to Erasure: In certain circumstances, you have the right to ask us to delete the personal data we hold about you.
* Right to Withdraw Consent: In situations where we are processing your personal data based on your consent, you may withdraw this consent at any time.
* Right to Object to Processing: In situations where we are processing your personal data based on our legitimate interest, you can object that the interest is no longer legitimate. UpSparc will stop processing that data, unless we can demonstrate an overriding legitimate ground. You can also request to opt out of direct marketing.
* Right to Restrict Processing: You have the right to ask us to stop any active processing of your personal data while we seek to verify data you claim is inaccurate, while we verify our legitimate interests, or while we cannot erase that data due to legal obligations.
UpSparc will try to respond to these requests within 30 days, but some might take longer. You will typically not be charged any fee for effecting these rights, but UpSparc reserves the right to charge a reasonable fee (or refuse to comply) if the request is unfounded, repetitive, or excessive.
Complaints: In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how we process your personal data, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will do our best to resolve it. You can also choose to file a complaint with the relevant data protection authority.
If you live in California and use UpSparc, you have some additional rights when it comes to your data.
Right to Delete: You can ask us to delete the personal information we have about you.
California law gives you the right to opt out of the sale of your personal information. But UpSparc does not and will not sell (or rent, or disclose for value) any of your personal information in the first place. So you’re good.
To exercise any of these rights, you (or your authorized agent) can contact us at email@example.com. We will confirm receipt of your request within 10 days, and will provide a response to you within 45 days of your request, though in some exceptional cases it might take longer (if that happens, we’ll let you know). We will need your name and email address to verify your request, and may also ask for additional information if necessary to verify the identity of the person making the request. We reserve the right to deny your request if we cannot verify your identity, or if an exemption applies (for example, where fulfilling your request would adversely affect other individuals, or where we have a conflicting legal obligation). That said, we will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your privacy rights.
To learn about the categories of personal information that UpSparc uses, please see the section of this policy called “What information does UpSparc collect?” The personal information that we have collected in the past 12 months falls into the following categories as set out under California law:
The contact information you provide – California law refers to these as identifiers.
If you receive payment from UpSparc, other individual information like bank information or debit card information – this category includes personal information protected under pre-existing California law (Cal. Civ. Code 1798.80(e)), and overlaps with other categories.
We don’t track your location, but your IP address gives us a general idea of the city, state, and country - what California law calls geolocation.
Shopping and UpSparc usage data – California law calls this internet activity.
Purchases on retail sites when using UpSparc – this is commercial information under California law.
To learn about the limited ways in which we disclose data for our business purposes -- that is, to a service provider -- and the categories of those service providers, please see the section of this policy called “How we share your data.”
Please note that, while UpSparc provides tools to manage your privacy as described in this policy, we do not support “Do Not Track” browser settings at this time.
We created UpSparc for the exclusive use of adults (18 and older). We don’t knowingly collect or solicit personal information from children. If you are a child under 18, please do not attempt to register for UpSparc products or send any personal information to us.
If we learn we have collected personal information from someone under 18, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you are a parent or guardian of a child who you think may have given us some personal information or posted information on any public portion of UpSparc products, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org. We’ll help you remove it.
Changes to this policy
How to contact us
If you have any questions about our privacy policies and practice, please contact us at email@example.com.